Professional book editor in the UK shares the top 50 reasons why aspiring authors like you should choose Stand Corrected Editing's book editing services for your novel!
Running an online business can be fun, satisfying, and rewarding, but it also has its fair share of challenges that cause a significant amount of stress, anxiety, and sometimes, a knock in confidence.
I didn't think I could produce 5 reasons, let alone 50, but I did it!
1. My prices are well below the standard industry rate according to the CIEP (the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading) and the EFA (the Editorial Freelancer's Association). AND...my rates are also lower than many other professional book editing services out there. So, you'll receive so much value for less money!
2. I'm passionate about helping writers on their journey to being an author, so you'll be working with a book editor who's eager to help you!
3. One of my previous clients managed to attract TWO literary agents for his manuscript after investing in my line editing service. Here's the proof! 👇
4. I have a BA Honours degree in English Literature and Language, so I understand what makes a bloody good book!
5. My developmental editing service helped one of my previous clients to reduce her fantasy novel by 40,000 words, so if you're an over-writer, you could achieve similar results working with me! Here's what she said! 👇
6. If you haven't had your manuscript professionally edited before, I offer a bundle that includes developmental AND line editing for half price!
7. I specialise in the following genres: fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, horror, and romance.
8. I have experience editing the following genres: fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, horror, romance, erotica, women's fiction, contemporary, crime, thriller, YA & MG fiction, short stories, poetry, memoirs, and non-fiction.
9. I am also a fantasy writer, so I understand the struggles, obstacles, and hurdles that come with the passion for writing.
10. You don't have to pay the full amount upfront here at Stand Corrected Editing. You can leave a 50% deposit at the beginning of the process and pay the remaining balance at the end. Alternatively, I'm happy to work out an individual payment plan with you to suit your financial needs.
11. One of my first clients has since self-published her romance novel, Manhattan Wives and their Mistresses, which has several sparkling reviews, and she's also had her name published in the Evening Standard!
12. Since learning the hard way, I now always have a client contract signed before any editing is done.
13. If you become a returning client, you'll receive my client loyalty discount on any book editing service, which is a 26% discount.
14. Although it can sting a little to have our work ripped apart, I provide a thorough, detailed edit, so you'll always receive amazing value for money when working with me.
15. I know what it's like to have your manuscript criticized - I've been in your position too! - so I understand the importance of kindness, compassion, and understanding when editing someone else's novel.
16. My client return rate is 46.6% - almost half!!
17. Although Stand Corrected Editing is only 2 years old, I am currently on page 1 of Google when you type in "book editing services UK"!
19. I offer discount giveaways on Instagram for writers who are ready to have their manuscripts professionally edited.
20. Unlike many of the larger editorial companies, I work alone, so when clients contact me, it's me who personally responds to emails and edits their manuscripts.
21. I currently have 20 amazing reviews on my Google review page written by satisfied clients.
23. I currently have two years of experience as a book editor.
24. I always buy my clients' books and leave them a review once they're published. I also promote their books on my Instagram, blog, and email newsletter.
25. Upon request, I offer a free sample edit for the first 1500 words of a writer's manuscript.
26. For clients who opt for a developmental edit, I also offer an accompanying editorial report that goes into more detail.
27. Once I have finished editing a client's manuscript and they have received my edits, I always delete their work from my laptop and USB to protect them against potential theft and leaks through hacking.